Hello Fish Friends!

Deemstirs

Reaction score
Hi there! This is my first time posting to a forum like this, so please be patient with me. I have a 55 gallon reef setup that has been going for about a month. I just recently added my first fish and inverts. Just two little clowns to start as I dont want to get too far and make a mistake. My big question right now is whether there is such a thing as too much flow. I've got a 55 gallon setup with 20 gallon sump. There are 3 wave jets going in the tank. I believe they are 3000L/hour. Is this too much flow? My fish seem to stick to the side a bunch and i get a good amount of sand creeping. I intend to have lots more questions, but wanted to ask this one out of the gate. Also, welcome any feedback on my design and current setup!

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 89
Just a quick note. My current rock setup has changed as I knew it was more like a wall. So things are a bit more spread out. Also, i setup the rocks before buying any bondo. Its ok to slowly bond the rocks over time right while there is stuff already in there?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can you post a video of the tank showing the fish moving around and the water currents?
It will give us more idea about the water flow.

------------------
You need a picture on the back of the tank to make the fish feel more secure.

No idea about bondo, I have never glued rocks together.

Welcome to the forum! I have no idea about saltwater I'm afraid, but the set up looks beautiful to me! Love the clownfish :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back