Hello All, New To Tff

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

vrob said:
Yeah, I've wanted a canister filter for a while and I noticed this one on the shelf at my LFS. So I figured I'd try it out. Works great so far. I used the supplied coarse and fine mechanical filtration pads for the first drawer. The second drawers is packed with Seachem Matrix, and my last drawer has some Biohome Ultimate (great stuff) in it but i need to get some more to fill it up. And after some inspirational DIY videos on YouTube (Thank you "The King of DIY (Aquariums)") I've re-purposed my old filter (Aqueon Quietflow 30 HOB) and using left over tubing from the canister filter.

Here's my new gravel vac. Looks like crap but it works sooooo good lol.

attachicon.gif
20140812_150816.jpg

I just let the pump float around and recirculate the cleaned water that comes out of the filter floss. Here's a pic of the dirty floss after the 2nd time going around the tank.

attachicon.gif
20140812_150824.jpg

The first run was ALOT dirtier but it wasn't until the second when i thought "I should take some pics and post them" lol
So you put the pump in the water then plug it into the mains electricity supply, then you plunge your hand into the water? Hmmm, hope you are wearing rubber boots when you use this. :)

ShinySideUp said:

Yeah, I've wanted a canister filter for a while and I noticed this one on the shelf at my LFS. So I figured I'd try it out. Works great so far. I used the supplied coarse and fine mechanical filtration pads for the first drawer. The second drawers is packed with Seachem Matrix, and my last drawer has some Biohome Ultimate (great stuff) in it but i need to get some more to fill it up. And after some inspirational DIY videos on YouTube (Thank you "The King of DIY (Aquariums)") I've re-purposed my old filter (Aqueon Quietflow 30 HOB) and using left over tubing from the canister filter.

Here's my new gravel vac. Looks like crap but it works sooooo good lol.

attachicon.gif
20140812_150816.jpg

I just let the pump float around and recirculate the cleaned water that comes out of the filter floss. Here's a pic of the dirty floss after the 2nd time going around the tank.

attachicon.gif
20140812_150824.jpg

The first run was ALOT dirtier but it wasn't until the second when i thought "I should take some pics and post them" lol
So you put the pump in the water then plug it into the mains electricity supply, then you plunge your hand into the water? Hmmm, hope you are wearing rubber boots when you use this.
smile.png

lol. Nothing is in the water that wasn't in the water while it was in the pump ;). I guess hover would have been a better word to use instead of "float". Even though the entire unit was submerged inside of the pump (cord included) I still hold the cord side of the pump above the water.

ShinySideUp said:
So you put the pump in the water then plug it into the mains electricity supply, then you plunge your hand into the water? Hmmm, hope you are wearing rubber boots when you use this.
smile.png

So you have a tank water heater thats plugged in mains electricity supply, then you plunge your hand into the water for maintenance and trimming plants with metal scissors or tweezers etc etc?
tongue2.gif

:lol: no you're not that bad at all!

Was just making a bit of fun with SunnySideUp ;)

Most reactions

Back