Heating

Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
4,502
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Calgary Alberta
I decided to get a biger heater, as I believe the one I already have is only rated for 45 gallons. I had two in the tank before, but had to take the other out for another fish tank. I decided I needed to buy a new one and got an Elite sumbmersible rated for up to 80 USG. I am pretty sure it won't be a problem running on a 50 gallon, but just wanted to double check before I started using it.

Thanks,


DL
 
Thats fine and not a problem, it will just not be on as long thats all.

The only problem is if the thurmastat sticks on, smaller heater would take much longer to heat up to a lethal level.
 
Thats fine and not a problem, it will just not be on as long thats all.

The only problem is if the thurmastat sticks on, smaller heater would take much longer to heat up to a lethal level.


Ahh ok, I understand what you are saying. I have a feeling I have some cold spots in my tank though, as I see the fish crowded around the heater at night, so at the moment i'd rather risk it.

Thanks for the input guys.
 
do u use a power head/filter or external pump that will resolve cold spots
 

Most reactions

Back
Top