bennett418 Fish Crazy Joined Jan 1, 2007 Messages 259 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Essex Oct 10, 2008 #1 I have got a tank size of 72 x 18 x 24 inches. I have also got 5 100w heaters, how many do i need for this tank?
I have got a tank size of 72 x 18 x 24 inches. I have also got 5 100w heaters, how many do i need for this tank?
M minxfishy Fish Maniac Joined May 1, 2008 Messages 8,492 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Oct 10, 2008 #2 Well you usually need 100w per 100litres (least thats the way I work it), so all 5. Or get yourself 2 x 300W
Well you usually need 100w per 100litres (least thats the way I work it), so all 5. Or get yourself 2 x 300W
K kewskills PM me if you want anything. Joined May 1, 2007 Messages 3,175 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Oct 10, 2008 #3 The general thought is 1 Watt per Litre of water so you tank is roughly 500 ltrs so 5 100 would be OK. Personally i would just get 2 250/300 watt heaters if possible.
The general thought is 1 Watt per Litre of water so you tank is roughly 500 ltrs so 5 100 would be OK. Personally i would just get 2 250/300 watt heaters if possible.