Heaters In Winter

anwhyte

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, I have a 25(UK)g & a Nano 6(UK)g tank, however I moved to a new flat recently & it gets really cold in winter (rubbish storage heaters, no central heating), the larger tank has a 100W & the nano a 25W (i think), does anyone know whether these will be enough to maintain temperature or whether I should stock up on more heaters before december?
many thanks.
 
You shouldn't need any additional heaters. Actually, most homes are warmer in the winter months than summer simply because you are heating it in the winter and cooling it in the summer.
 
You shouldn't need any additional heaters. Actually, most homes are warmer in the winter months than summer simply because you are heating it in the winter and cooling it in the summer.


the flat does get extremely cold in winter, not far above the outside temperature, the storage heaters i have in hte flat are next to useless, I was here towards the end of last winter & it was frigid!
 
It never hurts to have back up equipment, but don't be in a hurry to get it. Since you won't be using it immediately, keep your eyes open for a good sale. :D
 
If that's the case, you may need extra heating. Your heaters are probably about what is generally considered minimum at a little over 3 watts per gallon. The ones you have would probably have to be on more without additional help.
 
I swap from a 50W to a 150W over the winter months as my house is very frigid due to the very thick walls it takes forever to warm up.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top