I have a betta in a 13l bowl. It has a rena elite mini filter in it and I'm still getting ammonia after all this time. I have a java fern, some amazon frogbit and some elodea which is growing like crazy and it's still there! Only low levels, normally 0.25, but still not right.
Any ideas?
Also, I had a secondhand newattino+ in there. I monitored the temp with no fish in and it varied wildly from 22-34C all the time. I thought maybe it was faulty so I changed it for a 7w heat pad, with no thermostat which just stays on all the time and keeps it 1-2C above room temp.
He lives at work (a school) so over the w'ends in winter I imagine it gets quite cold. So I bought a new newattino+ and it's still not right. Temp was 28C today and it was still on! (stat is meant to be set at 25 +/-1)
These are the only 2 heaters I've found that will fit because of the round shape of the bowl.
Any suggestions gratefully received
Any ideas?
Also, I had a secondhand newattino+ in there. I monitored the temp with no fish in and it varied wildly from 22-34C all the time. I thought maybe it was faulty so I changed it for a 7w heat pad, with no thermostat which just stays on all the time and keeps it 1-2C above room temp.
He lives at work (a school) so over the w'ends in winter I imagine it gets quite cold. So I bought a new newattino+ and it's still not right. Temp was 28C today and it was still on! (stat is meant to be set at 25 +/-1)
These are the only 2 heaters I've found that will fit because of the round shape of the bowl.
Any suggestions gratefully received







