Heater And Filter Combined?!?!?!?!?!?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just done some reading up on it.
Seems pretty cool!!!
Says it works vertical and horizontal, so taking a guess its fully submersable. Got suction pads on too, so gotta stick on inside of tank, which is obviously full of water.

Although if one breaks you are out 2 pieces of equipment. If your pump goes out you lose heating and filtering. I've always thought it was best to keep equipment seperate. I do think Hydor is a good company though. I like there Hydor Theo submersible heaters, and there inline heaters for canisters get very good reviews(no heater to "unpretty" the tank) I don't have a canister though. Just my 2 cents...Good luck.

from what i can see the filtration has only mechanical and chemical, id highly reccomend adding another filter to this tank...... i believe whisper makes a HOB filter that has a compartment to add a heater capsule.

It did say there was space for carbon etc... but that may only be on the bigger ones.

I have the smaller version - I keep it running in one of my larger tanks in case I need to set up a quarantine tank. It has run continuously for over two years with no problems.

The only problem is lack of media space - ok for a tank of small fish but not for a heavily stocked tank IMO.
Your 20g should be ok with one but I can't see it being up to the 32g suggested. Mine is rated for 5-16 gallons and 10g is about its max.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back