Havent Seen Loach In 3-4 Months

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
I bought 8 Coolie Loach 3-5 months ago and since then I can only spot 1-2 at any given time. month are 2 ago I could see 3-5 at any given time. I even look during feeding. Should I assume I still have 8?
 
I have heard stories like this, not seeing coolies until you strip down the tank. I wouldn't think much of it, but you never know. I also hear they can fit in awfully tight spaces. Check the filter, and anywhere else you can think of.
 
They love to hide between plants and they also dig themselves into the sand. It's a hard species to do a nose count on. :D
 
Any chance I could add Cory to my tank? I may have 8 but bottom seems pretty empty...

Current Stock
5 Bloodin tetra
2 BN Pleco
8 Coolie Loach
4 Molly (Plan to rehome 2)
2 Platy (May plan to rehome them as well)
1 Opaline Gourami
1 Keyhole Chichild
5 Oto

I also would like to up my Bloodfin. If I rehome 2 Platy and 2 Molly can I add 5 Bloodin and 5 Cory? Tank is matured at around half a year to 8 months? Started as a 10 gallon and then moved media and stock to the 30 around half year ago.
 
Hi. I've had two Coolies for years and mine are buried in the gravel all day but emerge after tank lights are out at night. I see them slithering about looking for food. Sometimes first thing in a morning too! Try to look at night when the tank lights are off. Doubt they'll all have died. They're very good at hiding away, usually completely buried. :sly:
 
I have a bit of a horror story about khuli loach. I had two in a 1.5ft tank, with 2 large pearl gouramis, flying fox, and a few other fish. Anyway I needed to strip down the tank as I was moving out of my parents house, so I sold off all the fish but I could only find one loach! The flat I was moving into was delayed, so after I had got rid of the fish I drained the tank and left it in my room. It was there for about a month. When it finally came to moving out I took the tank out into the garden to get the gravel out and rinse it. As I scooped out the gravel (Im sure you've seen this coming by now) I noticed the missing khuli loach, it had been hiding under the gravel! I was nearly sick. The poor thing had been living in literally no water, with no filtration, for what must have been more than a month!
 
A night time stealth operation is whats required here. Have a late night, get some popcorn and go Khuli spotting.


I was convinced i had lost most of my 5 Otos, but a glance at the tank at 2am a few weeks ago i saw them merrily swimming around and enjoying themselves.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top