Have You Ever 'rescued' A Fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I mean, a sick fish, deformed fish, a fish that was in general unattractive that was destined to spend the remainder of its life at the store?

I bought a female Betta 2 weeks ago. Most people buy Bettas for their wonderful colors. This Betta was an unusual Beige color, almost albino like but I don't think she is albino. With all the blue, red, and multicolored Bettas surrounding her, this one wouldn't be too popular. :(. She was sitting there for MONTHS and I was eyeing her.

I think she loves all the space in the 20 gal. She loves to explore and is very friendly. I'm so glad I bought her. :D

Also, my Severum could be considered a rescue. He was in a 10 gal tank, massively over stocked. He was the only Severum in there and he was labeled as an Oscar. Every tank here had dead fish, and EVERY SINGLE FISH HAD ICH. I bought the Severum, which brought ich into my tank. :( But I cured him of it, and he is living in my 55. He has so much personality, I can't believe that that pet store put him through that. :(

Have you ever bought a fish for reasons like this?

I rescued an eyeless weather loach he was around 8 inches in a 20 inch tank swimming and butting each end endlessley, he was an unusual colour as well almost a pale blue rather than the grey you usually see - I later housed him in my 90g and he was the most active fish I ever had! I specifically emptied all the sharp wood and just put in smooth river rocks with the plants but he still managed to gash him self on something and I just couldnt save him :( I had him a little over 2 years.

Most reactions

trending

Back