Have I Reached My Stocking Limit?

Kelsyann

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I have a 30 gallon tank with 2xTetra Whisper 20i Filters, so enough filtration for 40 gallons technically. Right now it's moderately planted, but I'm slowly adding more plants as money allows. I do weekly 30% water changes.The tank has been fully cycled for 4 months now.
Current stocking:
10xFemale Bettas
7xNeon Tetras
4xPanda Cories
1xBristlenose Pleco

Ideally I'd like to up the cory amount to at least six, if not more. Is this possible or should I leave it as is? There have been no ammonia spikes and all is as it should be.
 
Go for it.

Byt then wait a while before adding any more fish. You could easily it quite a few more in there (of the righ species), just preferably wait longer. The older a tank is, the more stable it is as an ecosystem due to all the mature biofilms, substrate bacteria, mulm and established plants.

You can add the extra corys with out any doubts :).

And dont worry about this tank being at full stocking capacity, just wait a few more months before adding anything else, just to be sure :good:.
 
I usually wait a while before I add anything new anyway. I really just want to up the cories, and possibly the Neons waaay down the road. But I'm not looking to cram as many fish in there as I can.
 
All right, as soon as I find 2 more panda cories, I'll stop adding. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top