Has Any Uk/Usa/Irland Person Brought Plants From Taiwan

aly_starh

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
3,040
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
land of the scots!
Anyone brought them from there, there pictures look great! :) I want to but some, there prices are good, Just really want to know if they are *real* :)
 
Read the adds carefully Betta_246. From the ones I have read, I came to the conclusion that they are basically selling root stock only in most ads from that region. Although you could expect the root stock to sprout new leaves and grow well, the pictures they post would be very misleading compared to what the package looks like when it arrives. I am not in the UK, but I doubt the ads that I see here on places like E-bay are much different than the ones you will see.
 
hmmm, The Java Fern said 1 bunch, then in brackets it said 10-12 leaves. :unsure:

Edit: the feedback is 98% and there was some UK people saying A* and nice quality plants etc.
 
im sure you could get the same thing from the UK, i wouldnt be tempted to buy from abroad...not plants.. if you want some,have a look in the classifieds here, theres always some good stuff knocking about :)
 
I have bought plants directly from nurseries back when I used to work for an LFS, but I have heard mixed reviews from people buying indirectly (through eBay, etc) with some plants arriving on poor condition. Also often the cost of the postage makes it not worthwhile.. have you tried sourcing the plants from hobbyist plant growers in UK? There are a few forums which specialise in plants (and some are UK based) where it is worth looking for a bargain, and I definitely know that there are some good deals on here!
 
The Postage is free, and i saw on the completed listings that they sell for a £1.50 each max.

Really good deal, i cant find (fair) priced plants on this forum :(

Edit: Kat, send me the link, To the Good Deal Plants please :) :D
 
I bought IAL from a Malaysian seller, I got a good pack of them, large leaves too still got loads left, and though of course they are dry, I had no trouble with shipping or late arrival or anything.

Just buy a couple of things that don't cost too much to see how it works out perhaps?
 
Here is one deal with prices at almost wholesale, this one is so good, it will give you plants for free and this one was better then free, given what was on offer.
 
:lol:
Link 1- dont like that plant
Link 2 -All sold
Link 3 - wont fit in a 10l Shrimp tank and sold anyways

:) :lol: Thanks anyway! :)

I bought IAL from a Malaysian seller, I got a good pack of them, large leaves too still got loads left, and though of course they are dry, I had no trouble with shipping or late arrival or anything.

Just buy a couple of things that don't cost too much to see how it works out perhaps?

Yeh, i think i might do that, if there postage is free and plants around a £ its a good offer! :)
 
Ooh, you're a picky one! ;) The offers come up very often: some of those offers were up for weeks before anyone answered, and there is also a place for you to post a "wanted" list too. As I said, other forums have plants for offer too. If you go for the eBay adds, I would be interested to know what you get and from whom.
 
Ooh, you're a picky one! ;) The offers come up very often: some of those offers were up for weeks before anyone answered, and there is also a place for you to post a "wanted" list too. As I said, other forums have plants for offer too. If you go for the eBay adds, I would be interested to know what you get and from whom.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ill let you know what happens witht the Ebay plants! :) Hopefully i will win me some! :)
 
Just as a warning. Plants are not usually shipped legally through customs, hence the cheap shipping. They usually arrive fine, I've order from Malaysia more than once. Its different every time. The first package passed customs as "soft toys" The second contained glassware and plants, this one passed as just "glassware". I've heard the same from anyone else who has bought them, they usually arrive fine. But they never go through customs as plants.
 
I have opted out of buying plants from there due to these reasons. :crazy:
I will use a Uk Plant Company instead. Thanks for the help though! :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top