Hardy Marine Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes they do send with heat packs but they are not very warm when they get to you, even after about 12 hours. I would certainly wait for the temp. to rise

Seffie x
okey dokey, maybe thats why wildwoods havnt got back to me then, perhaps they are ignoring the mail order side til the weather gets better.

Adam.

Just been reading up on the puffer - think he might be a bit too aggressive for the clowns, unless you can get a big pair

Seffie x

Just been reading up on the puffer - think he might be a bit too aggressive for the clowns, unless you can get a big pair

Seffie x
Thats why it all depends on the temprement i think, Neale said no one puffer of the same species is the same as another, so its all up to what he is like, do you think i will have to go with damsels? or will war just brake out :lol:

I cant remember how big a tank you are having, you might be able to have a pair of maroon clowns, bigger and more bolshy :lol:

Seffie x

I cant remember how big a tank you are having, you might be able to have a pair of maroon clowns, bigger and more bolshy :lol:

Seffie x
Its a 30gallon, now, it seems quite small for a marine tank, right? But, i cant have any bigger you see, ive not the room nor the strength in wooden joists(or rather faith in wooden joists) to have my dream tank of a red sea max :rolleyes: one can dream eh? :look:

30 gallons is a good sized nano - a nice size to start with. However the maroon clowns are too big for that tank.

So, as you say, you will need to just see what sort of temp. he is and then maybe go for a pair of adult clowns. There are often pairs of mature clowns avaialable, so shouldn't be too difficult

Seffie x

30 gallons is a good sized nano - a nice size to start with. However the maroon clowns are too big for that tank.

So, as you say, you will need to just see what sort of temp. he is and then maybe go for a pair of adult clowns. There are often pairs of mature clowns avaialable, so shouldn't be too difficult

Seffie x
Ive just looked on my lfs's website, and they have a pair of common adult clowns for sale :hyper: - dont know why i put that face seen as its about 6-8 months away. Anyways, its 69.99 for the pair if i remember correctly, good price?

You would be able to get them for a better price than that from a reefer but for a shop, yeah, its about right for an adult pair

Seffie x

Awesome, thanks for your help! I'll let you know how i get on with things and will post a couple of pictures SW side in a few weeks. :good:

yeah that happens a lot, i change my mind about where my tanks going every 5 mins! As cool as a puffer will be - i couldnt be limited to damsels and that lot for long

yeah that happens a lot, i change my mind about where my tanks going every 5 mins! As cool as a puffer will be - i couldnt be limited to damsels and that lot for long
Im limited anyway mate, in that i cant get a bigger tank, and that i dont have a bucket load to spend on it, so really, i think long term and money wise the puffer will be doing me a favor in that i cant just keep spending money on fish or corals.

these are hardy marine fish I keep two puffers in my tank with a triggerfish and a eel :p

IMG00461.jpg

IMG00431.jpg

IMG00464.jpg

IMG00470.jpg

IMG00452.jpg

IMG00453.jpg

IMG00458.jpg

IMG00482.jpg

IMG00455.jpg

IMG00478.jpg

Most reactions

trending