Hardy Marine Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Really looking forward to you starting your journel - I just love puffers, didn't think the green spot was that aggressive so clowns will be fine, if you can get a larger, mated pair, rather than juvies you would have a better chance of success :good:

Seffie x

i'm going to try the toothbrush trick :look: my clowns really don't like my hands in 'their' tank and bite me every time!

Really looking forward to you starting your journel - I just love puffers, didn't think the green spot was that aggressive so clowns will be fine, if you can get a larger, mated pair, rather than juvies you would have a better chance of success :good:

Seffie x

i'm going to try the toothbrush trick :look: my clowns really don't like my hands in 'their' tank and bite me every time!
I have already made one, but not updated it in ages :crazy: got a few things to sort, and then i'll do it, although its gonna be in the members photo's section on the fw side

I have already made one, but not updated it in ages :crazy: got a few things to sort, and then i'll do it, although its gonna be in the members photo's section on the fw side

oh no, can we have one here as well please - we are rather an isolate lot, we don't get out much and so we will miss it :sad:

Seffie x

oh no, can we have one here as well please - we are rather an isolate lot, we don't get out much and so we will miss it :sad:

Seffie x
lol, i spose i can just make a copy, although, it wont be an actual "saltwater tank" for about 6months so is that allowed?

lol, i spose i can just make a copy, although, it wont be an actual "saltwater tank" for about 6months so is that allowed?

:lol: indeed it is - it will be your puffer's journey from freshwater to marine - woo hoo :kana:

Seffie x
:lol: Im actually really intrested to see the development, what i also want to do is research about how as the salinity changes, what affects that will have on the cells and them doing their job. :look:

It will be really interesting, going to grab my 'brackish bible' Neales book, as it has sparked an old interest.

Really looking forward to watching your progress

Seffie x

ps has the puffer got a name yet? :)lol: yeah, I know you haven't got him yet)

It will be really interesting, going to grab my 'brackish bible' Neales book, as it has sparked an old interest.

Really looking forward to watching your progress

Seffie x

ps has the puffer got a name yet? :)lol: yeah, I know you haven't got him yet)
i brought Neale's book too, its awesome isnt it! :hyper:

Nah, havnt named him yet, although when he gets real big and fat i think im gna call him Slim.

I was looking through the brackish section yesterday, like topics from years ago, and your name kept on cropping up, did you keep any bracks in the end?

I was looking through the brackish section yesterday, like topics from years ago, and your name kept on cropping up, did you keep any bracks in the end?

:lol: I get around a bit

Yes, I did keep a brackish tank for some time - had two f8 puffers, some BBs and then some knight gobies (the knights ate the bbs :crazy: ) always wanted some orange chromides but could never find any :sad:

I enjoyed the tank and loved the two puffers, always thought I would go into marine and get a puffer but then fell in love with reef tanks - one day though, one day <Seffie falls into dream state :blush: >

Seffie x

wanted a porky

lol, sounds good, apart from the BBG's getting eaten, Im having a little trouble getting hold of a Green spotted puffer if im honest with you, wilwoods are not emailing back, trimar havnt got stock, and my lfs's are rubbish :shout:

Ive always found it best to phone wildwoods :good: it's where I bought my brackish fish from as well. I'm sure they would get you one in - where are you? My lfs, Pets at Home ( I know, but these guys are good) would probably order you one in

Seffie x

Ive always found it best to phone wildwoods :good: it's where I bought my brackish fish from as well. I'm sure they would get you one in - where are you? My lfs, Pets at Home ( I know, but these guys are good) would probably order you one in

Seffie x
Im In worcestershire, cant really travel though anything more than about 20 mins, My parents are busy people!

If wildwoods dont reply i'll try phoning them then. :rolleyes:

Ah, ok, so you are looking for a fish shop that will post.

Nip over to the Dark side (UR) and ask in The Aquarium at cockfords farm (excellent), Amwell Aquatics (also excellent) and South West Marines - they all send live stock out and will order for you. Dealt with the first two myself and the last one comes highly recommended by lots of people. Obviously you wouldn't be buying at the moment, too cold to send out fish

Seffie x

Ah, ok, so you are looking for a fish shop that will post.

Nip over to the Dark side (UR) and ask in The Aquarium at cockfords farm (excellent), Amwell Aquatics (also excellent) and South West Marines - they all send live stock out and will order for you. Dealt with the first two myself and the last one comes highly recommended by lots of people. Obviously you wouldn't be buying at the moment, too cold to send out fish

Seffie x
well, at minus 18 yea, but in a couple of weeks the weather will be ok wont it? :hey: Dont they send them with heat packs then??

Ive already got an account with UR :kana: so i'll take a look, thanks for your help.

Yes they do send with heat packs but they are not very warm when they get to you, even after about 12 hours. I would certainly wait for the temp. to rise

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back