Hard Work Has Paid Off! Now What?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Scates11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I started a new tank on Dec. 2nd and today was the second day in a row that I got the readings you see below. I know that I need to wait a little longer before adding more fish (it was a fish-in cycle) and I will but I am confident that my tank has fully cycled!
photo(43).JPG
Now I have a few questions as I am sure you all could imagine...the first one is the good ol' stocking question. I have some ideas but here we go...

Tank is a 36 Gallon (U.S.) bowfront, I have Malaysian driftwood, several pieces of natural stone (slate), 2 Anubis Nana, 1 moss ball, 3 fake plants and a VERY cheesy bright colored gravel substrate.

Current stock:
3 mollies (1M, 2F)
1 platie M
1 Opaline gourami (Sex unknown, i will post a pic below any help with this would be awesome)
photo(45).JPG

I have a few ideas for additional fish but am open to some ideas. I already have an albino male BN plec on hold at the lfs. I want a nice school of 6-8 fish, I would love some boesmani rainbows but i know that will not work with my setup. I want something different and i am willing to pay to get it so any ideas there would be great. With my current stock and what i mentioned above could i up my gourami's to 3 (1M, 2F)? 

Last question for this post, how long should i wait to clean my sponge in my filter, flow is still fine but it has been almost 2 months with no cleaning?

I am slowly moving toward a more natural planted look for this tank but I am pretty happy with it atm. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Congrats!!!

Just a quick squeeze would be fine now.  Nothing too rough... Give it a week or so, then think about more fish.

Thanks Eagle! Anyone have any other suggustions on the sex of the Gourami or if my stocking idea will work? Maybe ideas for a schooling fish....

Well, I have 2 suggestions for the sex of the Gourami......

I don't see any problem with upping the Gourami numbers, leaving yourself room for a shoal of glowlight tetra or green neons?

Well, I have 2 suggestions for the sex of the Gourami..... LOL!

Ok cool I was hoping to have a full group of 3 so that's good to hear. I will look into the green neons, i am not a huge fan of glowlights though. Thanks Lock Man!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back