Happy Independence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, funny, I like him even more now. But yeah no politics here. So, happy 4th, may this great nation rise from its current slumber and be again the beacon of freedom and opportunity for all that most people still trust it is today.
Speaking of water changes, heaters come on because the AC is on. 🤦🏻‍♂️ the first world issues are never ending.

As people celebrate Independence Day...news of a tragedy in Chicago's Highland Park suburb..

Seems nothing is sacred anymore. Families enjoying the parade and a lone gunman went crazy.

RIP to those who went out with their families to enjoy the parade and to celebrate with friends and neighbours but who will not be returning home tonight. Strength to those injured, families of those injured and those who bore witness to what happened and strength to the emergency services who dealt with the aftermath of what should have been a wonderful family day out.

Lol, funny, I like him even more now. But yeah no politics here. So, happy 4th, may this great nation rise from its current slumber and be again the beacon of freedom and opportunity for all that most people still trust it is today.
Speaking of water changes, heaters come on because the AC is on. 🤦🏻‍♂️ the first world issues are never ending.
Yeah, one of the reasons I lowered my tank temp. My cycle time is about 4-6 hours now. Seems silly to heat the room, so I can cool the room. Glad my stock can tolerate cool temps.

Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest
Joey Chestnut wins again...downing 63 hot dogs in 10 minutes
I find these sort of contests disgusting and selfish really...

Where else will the hotdog go? They are not gonna send it to a 3rd world country.
No, but it gets wasted... All for entertainment and not to feed someone. There are people starving even in our country. Don't have to send it to a 3rd world country even though that would be great IF we could

Many of those starving wouldn't eat the beef or pork in most hot dogs.
Why? If their ACTUALLY starving they wouldn't complain and eat it

On a related note, this, despite the subject matter, is a very interesting book - I actually listened to it on Audible. It explores the hot chili underworld, the psychological pathology associated with the obsession, and more.

Why? If their ACTUALLY starving they wouldn't complain and eat it

Hindus (c.f. India) do not eat beef. Muslims do not eat pork (c.f. Africa and Middle East).
Interesting note, Rabbit is eaten by some mulsims, yet most muslims are unaware that rabbits eat their droppings as part of the digestive cycle - Similar to cud chewing but taking the long way round. Part of the reason pork is forbidden is because of what pigs eat and wallow in, but this is not a given but a product of the environment they are raised in.

Hindus (c.f. India) do not eat beef. Muslims do not eat pork (c.f. Africa and Middle East).
Interesting note, Rabbit is eaten by some mulsims, yet most muslims are unaware that rabbits eat their droppings as part of the digestive cycle - Similar to cud chewing but taking the long way round. Part of the reason pork is forbidden is because of what pigs eat and wallow in, but this is not a given but a product of the environment they are raised in.
Yes, that is true. But if you are on death's edge you might just taste it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back