Happy Halloween...are you watching a horror movie tonight?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Has anyone seen “It”? I hear that is supposed to be really scary, along with “The Snowman”?

Horror movies are stupid IMO - they are just creepy and have no real point. Then that night you have sleep in a locked safe with a loaded .45 Magnum in your lap. (AND you still have bad dreams... :usnature: )

"It" and "The Snowman" are totally different types of films.

The point of horrorfilms is the same point as ghost stories, rollercoasters, bungee jumping etc. They tap into our fight or flight responses and this can be beneficial for our mental health.

You sleep with guns? Why not use the old fashioned way of facing into the wall with a blanket all over and a “breathing hole”
When my daughter was little, she started getting bad dreams and night terrors, typical "monsters under the bed" stuff. So we got some foam toy swords, taught her some basic moves--which was pretty cute, her having typical toddler coordination--and put her to bed with a sword in hand. Told her, if she saw any monsters, to whack the living crud out of them and call for dad. I went in and checked on her at night, and she was cuddled up with her sword like a teddy bear. It was adorable. And no more nightmares. :)

Has anyone seen “It”? I hear that is supposed to be really scary, along with “The Snowman”?

Horror movies are stupid IMO - they are just creepy and have no real point. Then that night you have sleep in a locked safe with a loaded .45 Magnum in your lap. (AND you still have bad dreams... :usnature: )
There is no point to any television but we watch it because we want to.

OIP.f3ZiiA9rmeL1WeRIkR5CVQHaIp

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back