FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
CCF886EF-9B35-46D1-B5B7-BB59D0A09B66.jpeg

We do some of the silly Easter traditions, including chocolate eggs. But we give more weight to the spiritual meaning of the day, too. Honoring the forum rule to avoid religious controversy (and reminding others to do so as well), I'll just say that the meaning of the day is gigantic for Christians.

But chocolate eggs are pretty important, too.

Do you do the chocolate egg nonsense over there?
Not anywhere near NZ,AU and England 😂
I’m a kiwi and I’m saying y’all are crazy over there on Easter like how is it almost as big as Christmas consumerism 😱

I enjoyed the weekend with family. I ducked the eggs (is that a pun of sorts?). There is no religious side to it for us, but it is an affirmation of Springtime. It feels good to have gotten through a long dark winter and to have the first few green patches and flowers appearing.

It was cute to see little kids hunting for eggs, and to see young parents putting the treats out for the egg hunts. The stories about why we do things may change, but it's always good to see families having fun.

Our younger son, his partner and our grandson visited yesterday. No Easter celebrations for them as the partner is Romanian Orthodox and they celebrate Easter next weekend.

Happy Easter or whatever floats your particular boat around this time of year. I’ve just finished my chocolate egg🥲
I’ve been banished to the spare bedroom with Covid since last Tuesday so I’ve missed it all. Allowed out only to do a W/C on the 120L when MrsLurch opened all the windows and went outside to do some gardening. I’ve also put the WCMM into the patio pond for the summer yesterday.

I think we'll have to restart this thread next weekend for eastern Christians, since the western one is behind us. Next up after that is Eid, but I'm trying to lose weight and these good food holidays are challenging. I teach a mix of Syrian, Palestinian and Ukrainian language students, and people generally like to share their important cultural festivals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back