Happy Birthday Talltree!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What fish/ shrimp should I get for my 3 gallon tank?

• Betta

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Endlers guppies

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Regular guppies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aussie native Shrimp

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
Love the solar dancing frog! lol

Cheers for the advice about the leaves, gonna order some tomorrow morning!

Nice pic of the shrimp on the leave, at first could not see it at all but then saw it faintly, boy, these shrimps are hard to see sometimes no matter what tank and set up is in!

I got about 20 RCS and only ever see about half of them at any one time. Except when i put out a bit of algae wafer then got a red carpet in middle of tank! lol

Guys, I was changing the water and...

BABIES!!!

They've bred and there's about 20 baby shrimplets each under 5mm in length. I'm a proud shrimp father :) .
The red nosed have bred and have gone from baby to adult so no matter what people say they can thrive in FW and don't need brackish.
The chameleons are so cute. Little black beauties scurrying about!

Thanks!

here is a pic of one of them:

Cropped for your pleasure:

:lol: Almost couldn't see it! Congratulations!!!

Here ya go shelster:

His head's facing down and his tail is facing up. He's in the center of the circle :)

Ha ha thanks TT I was looking at that but when looking at the previous pic was unsure whether it may have been reflection.:D

Normally I would say great pics, but.......cant really see the little shrimps...lol

Hope you are enjoying seeing them grow, if they're not hiding too much that is.

BTW, finally got my Indian Almond leaves, hope my shrimps will like these as much as your shrimps like it.

Gonna try one to start with.

Do you just leave them in the tank for a couple of weeks, then replace them or until leaves have rotted or eaten by shrimps?

Cheers

Ch4rlie said:
Normally I would say great pics, but.......cant really see the little shrimps...lol

Hope you are enjoying seeing them grow, if they're not hiding too much that is.

BTW, finally got my Indian Almond leaves, hope my shrimps will like these as much as your shrimps like it.

Gonna try one to start with.

Do you just leave them in the tank for a couple of weeks, then replace them or until leaves have rotted or eaten by shrimps?

Cheers

I just leave it til it's gone or it's gotten to a state that it looks like... Crap
put in about 2-3 per 10 liters or less so it doesn't foul the water.

update with pics: 
lots of baby shrimp and snails. 

I have begun giving them them a treat every once in a while. Here are some pics of them eating algae wafers on strings:

the string is so I can easily pul it out in acouple of hour.

Here is a wrecking ball of shrimp:

there is about 5-6 adults and 15-20 babies on the ball. You may not be able to see the babies though.

Here is 2 baby blond snails:

I reckon they're an item hehe.

Here s a shrim through a magnifying glass:

Some RN shrimp:

A chocolate chamo:

a baby shrimp! It's on the wall. It's not brand new. About 3-4 weeks I reckon. 

Inter species pic:

Your shrimp are doing well, great to see.
I had a surprise today when I was removing BN fry to another tank and also catching out cherry shrimp. I found a small chameleon that had somehow stayed behind in the 4ft tank for quite a few months. He is now with the other chameleons in my dedicated native tank, so hopefully they will be breeding up a storm soon.

Yeah, prob should put that on here. Last night, the tank cracked. It was all my fault and I feel terrible. Thankfully I have a new tank and it's under control now. :) 

How that tank going by the way after that 'minor' disaster of cracking tank?

Being nosey here, what happened to make the tank crack?
Don't feel you HAVE to answer that, tell me to take a flying jump of you want to....
tongue2.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back