Happy Birthday Talltree!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What fish/ shrimp should I get for my 3 gallon tank?

• Betta

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Endlers guppies

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Regular guppies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aussie native Shrimp

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

TallTree01

Coo, Man
Reaction score
As title, today is my 29th birthday.
I've been wanting to get a whole load of equipment for my tank for a long while and now birthday is here the family has come through with the goods.

I got a koralia hydor nano 900 liters an hour wavemaker! This thing is great. My fish are happily playing in their new current and the extra circulation is great!

I got a new tank too. It's an acrylic nano iQ5 from dymax. It's about 3 gallons.
At the moment I'm thinking shrimp but am open to suggestions. Hopefully the poll will merit results. :)
I want it to be quite planted and will try my hand with sand and aquascaping and stuff.
The heater, lid, media and stuff is all included.

Here is best part, I got a new phone to replace my 22 year old camera I got from my dad 6 years ago! It has a camera and I will take lots of pics.

I'm thinking of a fishless cycle for the new tank.

So questions for you,
1. Is cloudy ammonia the stuff I want?
2. How many shrimp could I fit in the tank? Ther will probably be 1-2 snails in there as well.
3. What would I feed the shrimp if I got any?
4. Any tips or anything else I should know?

As soon as I get my phone working there will be pictures. This will be my journal thread. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TT
i vote for the betta, its time you got one.

happy birthday.

Happy birthday!!  My vote is for a betta :) But...I'm a little biased. 
laugh.png

Happy birthday!!!

No love for the endler's?  :(

endlers might be a tight fit... i think least killifsh are a Much better altenative
Least_Killifish_Female.jpg

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday tooooo yyyyoooouuuu lol that's me singing btw.
If you do get guppies just don't get males and female. One or the other only lol. I say do heavily planted with shrimp....

Ya know, I didn't even notice the tank is only 3 gallons. :blush:  I rescind my previous comment. 

My love of shrimps has grown thanks to YouTube xD. Such friendly li'l fellas. :)

Pics will come!

Happy birthday TT! I hope your day is going well and continues to do so!
wish.gif

yay.gif
  It is a tough choice between shrimp or betta, havn't you been saying for a while now you want a betta? :)

These pics are gonna go fast.
First some fish pics to show off my fish and my camera! :)

Shield your eyes if you're a biorb-phobe ( a biorb hater ) .
full tank shot:

Neon tetra and a flame:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back