Hamsters And Christmas Trees?

Jade107

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
We just moved are christmas tree in the house, and were all in our holiday spirit! Even my little hamster, Lily, has a santa hat :) But I was just wondering, as I am very enthusiastic lol, if hamsters had an allergy to fraser firs? I was wondering if I could cut off a little piece of a branch to serve as a christmas tree in her cage. And also, I was going to go back to Home Depot tomorrow and buy myself a little 5 foot tree (they're only 20 bucks!!!) to put in my room. so would these trees bother her or are they safe?

Ohh! I should find this out for Kiwisse. ^^; She's my Dwarf hamster. :p I'm getting another Syrian hamster in January! ^^; Poor Squik passed away in late October; R.I.P., Squik. :(

Well, anyways; I'm rather curious, too! ^^; >8D I used a fake plastic tree for her last year, though. ^^; :)

Hm. What a coincidence. I got a christmas tree today too, and it was a fraser fir, too. I have no hamsters, though.

as i understand it is toxic to guineapigs and chinchillas if they chew on it (unless baked well first but whod gonna bake their tree???) so i wouldnt put it in with your hamster either :)

approx how long do you cook it for? (not the whole tree, of course, just a branch) I'm pretty sure she wouldn't chew on it anyway. She usually chews on something for about 30 seconds before getting bored. She then resumes trying to escape the cage.

I've had two Syrian hamsters in the past, and all the books I own on them advise that Christmas trees are toxic, and that hamsters should be kept away from them.

Reminding me of hamsters makes me want another one :(.

They sometimes have plastic ones for dollhouses. I have this cute little plastic one -- no cooking needed! The hamster hates it (the taste, I think), so, no problems there! ^^; (Of course, if your hamster bites absolutely *everything*.... Well, then; we may have some problems. :) ) :D ^^; XD

Christmas season is already done and now our Christmas tree is still in our house. We are still not yet remove it. There are still gift under the Christmas tree some of it is my gift.Artificial Trees SEO Services

Most reactions

Back