hamster babies!!

12 days old (this was last night!!!!) soooo cute!!!!

this is mommy!!
mama.jpg

this is them in a bundle..i still dont' have a final count
bundleofbabies.jpg

escaped!!! at last!
igotout.jpg

ohhh.. i can't see yet!!!!
icantsee.jpg

mommy going to getting one at a time... she gets one back in the nest, and another leaves!!! how does she do it?!
isaidstayput.jpg

Very cute. This reminds me of when my guinea pig had babies in january. One died and the other I still have. I wish I had a picture of him. He's so cute.

thats cute!
the babies are doing great. i noticed tonight that there is a runt.. and we are quite worried about him. he leaves the nest and mommy doesnt even realize. my boyfriend has put him back to the nest a few times with a spoon. he has a bite mark on his tail...that isn't bothering me too much as we see the mom clean it every now and then. but this baby is way too small for being 2 weeks old.. and im so scared we're going to lose him. i think we counted 12 tonight... could be more though. guess we'll find out soon enough.
if anyone knows what to do about a hamster runt please let me know asap
thanks

Well, that's to be expected with that size litter. When there are that many babies the mother can't take good care of all of them and there isn't always enough milk to go around. But this is more the case with cavies, cats, and dogs. Rodents usually have larger litters pretty often. Sometimes they can handle it and sometimes acople die. Make sure to give the mother plenty of time to rest and relax in between litters, if you choose to get her bred again after this. good luck!! :D :D :D

thanks
if i do breed her, it will eb once more maybe... but not for quite some time. im just concerned bout the baby runt right now..
:-(

angel_eyes0857 said:
thanks!!! i would die of excitement if my cat had babies!!! haha they are adorable! i should be getting some pics soon of the babies when I think its ok to snap a pic. I have it all on video tape though haha its a great experience
heres a pic of my baby, abby
I would like to nominate your cat it is beautiful...Someone please give it a second it deserves it.. I would love to have that cat...If you every want to get rid of it I will take it off from your hands...

fish keeper sharks and angels said:
angel_eyes0857 said:
thanks!!! i would die of excitement if my cat had babies!!! haha they are adorable! i should be getting some pics soon of the babies when I think its ok to snap a pic. I have it all on video tape though haha its a great experience
heres a pic of my baby, abby
I would like to nominate your cat it is beautiful...Someone please give it a second it deserves it.. I would love to have that cat...If you every want to get rid of it I will take it off from your hands...
I'll second it......she is a beauty!

awww!!!!!! i am so flattered!!!!!! thanks guys!!!! :D
she is one in a million.
she was just as fluffy when we got her. a lady that used to go into my mothers restaurant, her cat had kittens and they wanted to get rid of them. free. yup, she could fit in the palm of my hand.. awesomely cute!!!
how would i nominate my kitty? and what does that mean?

thanks again!

your welcome! PM inchworm and find out if its too late to add to this months. If it is then i believe you just have to monitor the pet section and wait untill their is an announcement about POTM nominations.

But i would PM inchworm to be on the safe side as I've never done it before!

Keep updating on the progress of the babies! Their soooo cute! Makes me even more excited and anxious for the kittens to be born!

when is your cat due to have her babies? you have to make a post about them!!!! i love kittys!!!!
my hamster had a runt in her litter, i went over last night ot clean the cage out and hand feed the little guy but he was not there. the only thing i can think of, and i know i am probably right, is that she ate the runt. he might have died or was too sick to live. i mean, thats gross but its life i guess for them right.
anyway the other 11 seem to be doing great. they have their eyes opened now and sooo cute!! eat from your hands and everything!

Most reactions

Back