Hagen Co2 System

toxik

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, America
I didn't want to be bother with a diy co2 system, so I shelled out $25 for the Hagen CO2 system. Well so far it hasn't worked. I did eveything the instruction manual said. But if you read the discription on the petsmart site it says add regular sugar.... Okay... It says nothing about sugar in the manual.

Sugar? should it be added to the mix?
 
Yes, fill it to the first "notch" with regular sugar. Then do yourself a favor and throw out the packets it came with, they are garbage. The packets contain baking powder (1 tsp) and active dry yeast (half tsp), so you will need to go to your grocery store. I change mine about every 5-6 days. You will get much better CO2 production with a DIY mixture, and you will save money.

I used the packets for about 8 months until jimbooo showed me the light, and I'd never go back.

Here's a good link:
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/products/plant_system.html
 

Most reactions

Back
Top