habitat of Betta ibanorum

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kuching

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Betta ibanorum is a new description of wild Betta found in western Sarawak,Borneo. In the past,some people thought it is Betta akarensis.Here r the pix of its habitat:

a slow moving blackwater stream...very low ph:

iban2-kch.jpg

Betta ibanorum:

iban4-kch.jpg

My cousin is collecting betta:

iban3-kch.jpg

Can u see the aquatic plant???

iban-kch.jpg

Its Barclaya moleyi!

barclaya-kch.jpg

That's amazing. I could spend all day wallowing through those waters, just so awesome :wub:

Betta ibanorum aay? It looks very similar to what I'm calling kapuas :lol:
Look how brown that water is!! Just... :wub: I love your pics. I could pull up a chair and listen to you talk of wild betta all day :p

Wow, truly amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and stories with us.

one day i wanna set up a big green house and set up a giant fake stream with all the real plants and put in some betta splendens and c how it goes, would that be awsome or what? great pics, ur cousin is very lucky to be there, i wanna watch the bettas in their naturall habitat, taht would rule :thumbs:

GuppyDude said:
one day i wanna set up a big green house and set up a giant fake stream with all the real plants and put in some betta splendens and c how it goes, would that be awsome or what? great pics, ur cousin is very lucky to be there, i wanna watch the bettas in their naturall habitat, taht would rule :thumbs:
My cousin is my best partner.Without him,it will be bored to go into the swamp or jungle to look for different species of wild betta. B)

Most reactions

Back