Gutted

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
New tank arrived half an hour ago (rio 400), unpacked from box, its smashed to pieces on one corner, glass everywhere!! Managed to get the courier to come back and collect it immediately, but another one needs to be ordered and wont be delivered to earliest next week now!!!!

Im gutted and very very very angry at the same time.
 
Well today just gets better, the area I had planned to put the tank is so unlevel its ridiculous, its an old house with the wonkiest floors ever, I moved the entire lounge around and managed to find something almost level, the spirit level bubble is bang in the middle left to right, and slightly (not out the middle) but leaning towards the back to the wall, even in the middle of the room, my floors are useless!!! I want to go back to bed :(


Ummm mods, why was this moved to emergencies??
 
Sorry minxfishy.
Did the right thing getting the courier back straight away.
Some companys won't except the damaged tank back if you didn't check the tank was ok in front of the courier.
 
Thankfully these guys are pretty good and I did sign for it UNCHECKED as I always do, so they can claim back from the courier I guess.

I had the whole day planned out for setting it up and now Im sat on my behind with nothing to do, frustrating, plus a load a new plants have been delivered over the last few days with more expected so Ive put them in the 30g with the fish that are being transferred, cant actually see any fish now with so many plants in it :lol:
 
omg that would wind me right up.

After a two week wait, just a wee bit :angry: Its been sat in the couriers warehouse since Friday, they could have delivered yesterday but I had no one to help me lift it, so I asked for today instead as my 17 year old was home this morning, now when it does come, I will have to leave it in the hallway and wait for him to come home, so another whole day even once its here before I can set it up, Id like to insist on a saturday delivery but I know they wont do it.

These things are sent to try us, deep breathes :-(

Ive sorted the wonky floor problem smegforbrains, I found the one strip of 5ft floor that is ok, albeit a foot away from the wall but everything just about fits in the room this way, mind you this is just with a spirit level on the cabinet, if it not level once the tank goes on, I might have to do what you did.
 
Ummm mods, why was this moved to emergencies??

Looks like it was moved from 'emergencies' into 'tropical discussion', Minx.

You must have started the thread in 'emergencies' by mistake.
 
haha no BTT I started it in Trop Disc, then it was moved to emergencies and now its been moved back again :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top