🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Antlover

Reaction score
My guppy is definitely very pregnant with a black stomach bottom, I moved her to another smaller tank like bottle, but she looks very very stressed rather than calm as other sites tells me, is there anything I can do or should I just move her back to the bigger tank with other guppies? Thanks :)

Gravid (pregnant) female livebearers should not be put into small breeding traps because it stresses them out. Just leave the female in her normal tank and have lots of plants for her and the babies to hide in.

Don't lift heavily gravid livebearers out of the water because you can damage the developing babies and the mother.

My guppy is definitely very pregnant with a black stomach bottom, I moved her to another smaller tank like bottle, but she looks very very stressed rather than calm as other sites tells me, is there anything I can do or should I just move her back to the bigger tank with other guppies? Thanks :)
Hello Antlover. Moving pregnant fish is very stressful for them and you. All you need to do is perform a bit larger water change than usual and make the new water a little warmer. Start feeding your fish a little more often. The warmer water will encourage the female to drop her fry and well fed adult fish aren't really interested in fry as food.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

Back