Guppy With Strange White Spot On Its Head

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Steph01

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently took up fish keeping and last week I bought some guppies (5) to go with my 6 neon tetra. I went on holiday at the weekend and I got home yesterday night, it was late so I just checked to see if all the fish were still alive (which the were). Anyway when I got up in the morning I fed them and noticed that one of my guppies has 3 strange white spots on his head (one of them is kind of furry). I had heard it could be white spot but when I looked at pictures of fish with it the spots on my guppy are much bigger! Does anybody know what this could be?
Thanks, Steph

It could be a fungal type infection.  It's hard to say without pictures.  Do you think you could snap a good one for us?  That'll really help with the diagnosis.

Whitespot/ich will not be furry, whitespot looks like tiny grains of salt.  Fungus looks like white slightly fuzzy patches.  Pictures definitely help.

Interpet fungus and finrot treatment has worked great for my guppy that gets mouth fungus from time to time (from stress it seems).

I will try get a picture it will have to be tonight because I have to go out today.
Thanks

He won't stay still enough to take a photo but I have bought some king British fin rot and fungal treatment as I couldn't get any interpet at my LPS and I have put some in the water but thanks for your help

If you turn off your tank lights for a few minutes you can snap a picture with the flash and sometimes get decent pictures that way... most fish will stop swimming for a bit.  Or take a picture first thing in the morning immediately when you turn on the lights.

Sorry guys but sadly he has died I guess he was really unwell. I put some fin rot and fungus treatment in but he hasent made it.... I hope the others don't get it!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back