Guppy tail raggy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a female guppy who's been isolated due to the fact that one day i woke up and peered in to the tank and a chunk of her tail had been eaten as though one of her roomies had it for dinner. lol
she is doing well for the last few days but today her tail has got worse, colour keeps fading and then brightens she is eating, i was told that stress and water conditions can depend on the rate of recovery.

I've checked the water parametres and they are all fine, so why isnt she getting a better? I've added some finrot/bacterial treatment as i don't want it to get to the wrist of the tail and kill her as she is a beautiful fish.

Help :/

I'd say keep an eye on your other fish to insure that it isnt more than just fin nipping. Use Melifix to repair the fins. Its a great product!!. I use it in my tanks since reading many posts on its usefullness. I saw results in 24 hours. If you use the product and dont see any results then I'd resort to a medicating the tank with other products. If you can use salt in the tank also I think that would be beneficial too. I had one of my angels decide that two guppies needed their tails cropped for the local fish meeting. I used Melifix to fix their fins and it relieved it.

fishme2death said:
I'd say keep an eye on your other fish to insure that it isnt more than just fin nipping. Use Melifix to repair the fins. Its a great product!!. I use it in my tanks since reading many posts on its usefullness. I saw results in 24 hours. If you use the product and dont see any results then I'd resort to a medicating the tank with other products. If you can use salt in the tank also I think that would be beneficial too. I had one of my angels decide that two guppies needed their tails cropped for the local fish meeting. I used Melifix to fix their fins and it relieved it.
i have used betta max for the guppies it works wonders for betta's and guppies plus it has the medicine to keep them from getting infections to melafix is great to but when thier fins gets ate off the betta max is better it will tell you on the box.It doesnt heal them as fast but I like the other advantages that comes with it.

Most reactions

Back