Guppy Sat At The Bottom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

orangefish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My female guppy who is currently 1 week pregnant is sitting at the bottom a lot and has been for the last 2 days. She is normally a very active, inquisitive fish but she is not coming up to the top for food (she is very greedy) and just waiting for it to fall down in front of her. She is also breathing very fast. She has had 2 batches of fry so far, and my male seems to be chasing her a lot. Could it just be that she is stressed out from the male (I am thinking of getting rid of him or her soon as I feel all this fry is not fair on her). Could anyone say what it is?

My water parameters are:
pH 7.8 (this is normal for me and it has been like this for the last 6 months since I've had the tank)
nitrite- 0
ammonia- 0

Have also mysteriously lost a dwarf cory recently for unknown reasons and couldn't find his body :/

My cabomba plant has also started dying all of a sudden and almost looks like it's rotting.

All of these things may not tie in together, but they are just things out of the normal.

my juvenile female did that after becoming pregnant for the first time and she just died yesterday so idk if it might be from pregnancy..i just lost a male juvinile and i cant find his body plus hes yellow and the gravel is yellow and blue so idk where he is..ive gone from 9 fry to 4 in less than a week so i might have aproblem too

Try a large water change Orangefish. Although you have not mentioned nitrates I find that any mysterious poor behavior is often improved with a 50% or larger water change.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back