Guppy invasion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have about 150 babies in 3 breeds right now,( Black/blue moscows, grass tails, half black) and in the next month, I am thinking I will have another 150-200 fry are due to arrive... AND I started all this is early FEB! Ha,
...my 3 LFS are in the same shape as the rest, I have never shipped fish, but my have to learn pretty quick !!!.. I have one guy that wants about 40 female for his summer tubs, and he has like 7-8 different males, and is far enough away from me, that he is not a big competitor... hehe
I have tanks, and if push come to shove, all babies will be separated by gender, with the adults and new offspring living in the same tanks, but truly . . I am not worried.

(on a unrelate note, does anyone have a nice vinagret recipe, some thing like they use on sardines?... you know, like colorful, very small sardines... LOL)
Lol on the sardines

I have only tetras in my community tanks, I have to have all the conditions just right including lights for them to breed. My guppies are now in my turtle tank. Turtles seem to ignore them and with no cover they do not seem to be having many more fry. So far in the last year my Red eyed tetra had 13 fry that made it to adult hood (Gave them to my bother-in-law) And my glowlight tetra had 4 fry, ember tetra-0 and neon tetra -0. They are unlike guppies which can have fry so easily. So when I see a tetra fry I am excited to see it unlike how I feel when I see another group of new guppy fry.
I had no idea tetras were so eazy to breed. Sounds fun but I better wait until I can get my brother-in-law a tank....lol

Most reactions

Back