FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cocoa007

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I thought I would give my guppies a piece of season's first mango
smile.png
they were on it immediately.
Here are some pics of guppies nibbling on mango. Please excuse the poor quality of pics.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 187
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 221
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 191
Be careful about those pointy sticks on their delicate fins, but I'll need to try mango with my guppies too. :D

Ha! Neat! I gotta try feeding weird stuff to my fish lol

Is fruit safe to feed fish with?

Maybe am thing of natural high sugars and acidic elements in fruit may not be that good for fish?

Be interesting to know if someone can confirm or refute feeding fish fruits. 

Agree though with the cocktail stick comment, guppies may do themselves and injury on the sharp pointed end.

Yes I agree about sharp ends. No more pointy stuff from now on. Guppies are so overenthusiastic creatures, they may just jump on pointy end and hurt themselves.

Regarding acidic fruits- I thought about it too. Don't know if its safe. I fed it 2-3 days ago and my guppies seem fine except internal parasite which they already had. Its definitly much more luxative than green pea. But yes to be on safer side, probably it should not be fed very frequently.

i'm pretty sure that it wouldnt do much harm infrequently, guppies being guppies you could put nuclear waste in the tank and they'd still try to eat it, and mate with it

Blubble37 said:
i'm pretty sure that it wouldnt do much harm infrequently, guppies being guppies you could put nuclear waste in the tank and they'd still try to eat it, and mate with it
They wouldn't try to mate with it, they would mate with it.

They are absolutely insane, i cant even change a filter setting without getting nibbled/sucked by them

Blubble37 said:

LOL ! 
laugh.png

Most reactions

trending

Back