Guppies big belly.

BabyGuppie

Reaction score
My water parameters are all good. I have API and am familiar with how to cycle etc etc. I might end up posting that later upon request.

My guppies reproduce super well so many I separated two away from others in a different 20 gal tank. Swimming happy.

I seen lots pregnant but never with this big of belly. I'm just wanting to know the cause of sickness as I know nothing about guppies and diseases. Can someone tell me whats wrong with this fish. Or is it just like super pregnant.

Img

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_191409074.jpg
    PXL_20230521_191409074.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 20
Note I have no artificial plants or any other fish just the two guppies in what the other one is hiding from me. Unless it died. Seen her yesterday and that one looked fine though.

My water parameters are all good. I have API and am familiar with how to cycle etc etc. I might end up posting that later upon request.

My guppies reproduce super well so many I separated two away from others in a different 20 gal tank. Swimming happy.

I seen lots pregnant but never with this big of belly. I'm just wanting to know the cause of sickness as I know nothing about guppies and diseases. Can someone tell me whats wrong with this fish. Or is it just like super pregnant.
Hello. Hard to tell without a photo. But, if you feel something is wrong, just start an aggressive water change routine. Every three to four days, remove and replace a little more tank water. Reach the point you change half at least weekly. This added clean water typically perks up a fish that may be a bit sickly acting.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Last edited:
Hello. Hard to tell without a photo. But, if you feel something is wrong, just start an aggressive water change routine. Every three to four days, remove and replace a little more tank water. Reach the point you change half at least weekly. This added clean water typically perks up a fish that may be a bit sickly.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Please read up a photo was posted ⤴️

Please read up a photo was posted ⤴️
Hello. Have seen this before in some fresh water fish. Unless you have a background in fish biology, one can't be sure of the disease. As I posted earlier, the best thing would be to do a good job of tanking care of the tank water. I wouldn't put any medications into the tank.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. She looks like she's "egg bound" or even a possible form of "Dropsy". I've seen this before in Guppies and sadly, never seen one recover. I would just keep the water as clean as possible.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Thank you 🙏 very helpful in knowing if she dies it's okay my other tank is still over crowded. I do regular water changes. I'll just keep an eye on my other population to ensure this doesn't become a pendemic.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back