FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SuperColey1

Planted Section
Reaction score
Initially setup as pictures below on 21st November 2011

Tech Specs:
Tank - 8 litre
Filter - Rear Filter Compartment - lph???? Probably around 50-100lph but moves the water well.
Heating - None
CO2 - Easycarbo Liquid Carbon 0.3ml daily
Dosing - Full EI - 0.3ml Macros, 0.2ml micros, 50% water change weekly.
Hardscape - Some stones Ianho brought round to my house. Look like granite of some sort.
Substrate - Leonardite, gravel and play sand

Inhabitants - Crystal Red Shrimp

Plants - Microsorum Pteropus sp 'needle', Cryptocoryne Parva, Anubias Barteri v Nana 'petite', Rotala Wallichii, Hemmianthus Callichitroides, Fissidens Fontanus.

There are 4 rocks which build into a sort of crater. The Wallichii is in this higher corner. The shrimp will go in later this week.

DSCF2719.JPG

DSCF2720.JPG

DSCF2721.JPG

DSCF2722.JPG

DSCF2725.JPG

DSCF2726.JPG

Regards
Andy

Hope the HC works for you mate, will be keeping an eye on this one.

Hope the HC works for you mate, will be keeping an eye on this one.
As long as the shrimp don't pull it out then it should work. I have given it 2 weeks to root in though first. We'll see if it works.

I am intrigued; what does the name Guly stand for?

My Football team Southampton, is doing very well at the moment and I named the last scape 'Lallana Point' after Adam Lallana the
midfielder. This one is named after Guly Do Prado our brazilian forward :) May continue this theme for a while ;)

This looks like one of those new Fluvals. Is it?

And I like the idea of naming the tank about something that has nothing to do with fish. I might steal it :hey:

Its not a fluval, Nope. Its a 8ltr TMC micro habitat although they may well all be the same china product rebranded by all the different brands.

Will be keeping my eyes on this little project, looking good :good:

James.

it looks great cant wait to see the plants growing out =D

I am intrigued; what does the name Guly stand for?

My Football team Southampton, is doing very well at the moment and I named the last scape 'Lallana Point' after Adam Lallana the
midfielder. This one is named after Guly Do Prado our brazilian forward :) May continue this theme for a while ;)

:lol: :fun: That's a good source of inspiration!

A backdated update here. This was 11th December 2011

I added some CRS to the little tank. Bought 10 but 1 DOA so 9 went in (still alive a month later ;) They seem much better algae eaters than standard cherry shrimp. Cherry shrimp can be a little selective on what algae they eat, where these are pretty good at almost anything.

The HC is coming on slowly but spreading. Have to be careful with 50% water changes on this tank because there's only 1cm of sand at the foreground for the HC to bed in to. I just push any stray bits back into the substrate and let them work their own way back to the surface. I may put some more HC in if it takes too much longer as I have loads of it in my 'new' emersed cupboard. lol

Any shrimp experts give me a rough idea on grading on these? To my eye (and yes they will all look slightly different) the larger couple are completely white/red 3 bands with a little tiger tooth. Probably 'S' or 'A+'

The smaller ones are a little more translucent however that may just be young shells. All seem to be pretty similar with the 3 bands and little tiger tooth marking.

DSCF2732.JPG

DSCF2735.JPG

DSCF2738.JPG

They look like 'A' grades to me, they are great little shrimp...where did you find these? MA has them in at the mo @ 3X£18, they are about 5mm!!

lets see if you can get these breeding Andy!! you'll be a millionaire next year mate!

10 for £32 delivered off ebay ;)

I'm sure they'll breed. Will have 6 x 22ltr cubes in my cupboard in the next few months with blues, yellows, CRS and others.....all breeding hopefully. they will double up as plant growing tanks as well as leting my mosses, Fissidens and Pellias grow out instead of them being on stones in takeaway tubs. lol

Gonna have to have a mass sale of Cherries this year when the weather warms up. My main tank is a sea of peachy pink. lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back