Guess Whos Back, Back Again, Mattys Back Tell A Friend

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Matthew5664

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So....................

Been away for some time now.... the old take is gone and a desk is in its place. Dabbled around with FW for a while but the salty side is drawing me back for more.

While I have been away.

Got married.
Had more children.
Got a promotion at work.
Got a new car.

what I'v missed.

The enjoyment of watching the interaction of fish and inverts with the environment I have set for them and the up keep of that environment.

What I have not.

Waking to find my living room flooded (on more than one occasion)
Spending all my money on the one hobby
Worrying night and day that all the live stock would die.

What’s coming?

A small (ish) SW set-up with soft corals and small easy keep fish. My first born is of an age now where he's 'into' things and the latest craze is Deep Blue. For those of you who don't know this is a BBC spin off from the 'Blue Planet ' series that about 90 mins long and are just really footage set to music.

now there is no way I can capture an ocean in a small set-up however I think he would have more enjoyment from a SW (I mean me of course) than he does the current FW set-up.

There is one but!

The Wife, now last time this hobby turned obsession got in the way a bit and I swore I would never (OK not never) come back to it in the way I did last time.

This I believe you can help with, all my ideas I'll be posting but when I start to say things like-

4 foot is like 3 foot just a bit bigger
Of course it won't make much noise
250W MH is not enough for the coral I want

Please post in underlined capital letters "SHE WON'T APPROVE" this might help me stay away from my delusions of grandeur about the system I'm building.

So all of this said I now need to go shopping and get some new bit's and bob's then raid the loft for all the old gear that I did not sell and make a start......................

I'll be keeping you all informed in a build thread.

Speak soon.

Hey matt, long time no see. Do you know what same for me i gave it up did fresh for like a year then was like bored! Saltwater again! Only just started but man its an addiction!

Hey you was leaving as i was getting in to SW :D sooo Welcome back :D Also if you dont mind :p can you post a pic of your old setup/sumps im sure it was you who had more then 1 sump joined to your tank !!!!

my daughter also watches deep blue and loves my sw setup :D

Hi N1z good to see someone I know, hows things? I did have a look at your cube venture before posting my thread, looks like it's bitten once again.

Garybuk> It was me with all the conecting tanks heres some pics of the old girl>

Fullsystem3D3small1.jpg

plumbing4.jpg

PICT2955.jpg

PICT2957.jpg

PICT2705.jpg

Thanks matthew so im gusseing we wont be seeing nothink that big this time :( lol was pretty dam nice tho :D

Oh no Matty's back with some more mind blowing sump plumbing pics
Hows it going M8
Regards
BigC

Hi N1z good to see someone I know, hows things? I did have a look at your cube venture before posting my thread, looks like it's bitten once again.

Yer good thanks. Yer it def has for me, somehow my tank with the new eheim electronic filter was just too easy plus, i work with freshwater specied fish all day i want some excitment when i get home lol. Just doing the sump partitions atm so pics will be uploded soon.

Sweet, :hi: back Matt. Can't wait to see what you come up with this time :)

Hey all,

Ben1987> Many thanks; the set-up was a WIP project from its creation to its closure. It was a great learning experience for me and I know now what to do and what not to do.

Garybuk> Not as big this time, might get there again when I move house, but it the current ‘climate’ I will not be going to wild.
My c/t parts, well;
The skimmer really did not perform well until my 3rd attempt at moding it. With a reduction in outflow height, an enlarged veturi intake and an up rated pump the thing striped the water bare!

Picy:
newtankbuildNS031.jpg

The Carbon/phosphate reactor was good, nice and easy to use, clean and operate. Could not fault it.
The Nitrate reactor was hard to get set-up (but aren’t they all) and when up and running was good at its job. Only one flaw is that you cannot refill it.

BigC> Yes it’s me; the sump on my new tank will be nothing like the old one, though I do have some of the equipment. Things are going good at the moment, looking forward to Christmas. And starting work on my extension.

N1z> Nice! I’ll be checking you thread out again soon.

Ski> What can I say buddy, I missed you, just could not stay away! LOL. And yes watch this space.

Hey all,

Ben1987> Many thanks; the set-up was a WIP project from its creation to its closure. It was a great learning experience for me and I know now what to do and what not to do.

Garybuk> Not as big this time, might get there again when I move house, but it the current ‘climate’ I will not be going to wild.
My c/t parts, well;
The skimmer really did not perform well until my 3rd attempt at moding it. With a reduction in outflow height, an enlarged veturi intake and an up rated pump the thing striped the water bare!

Picy:
newtankbuildNS031.jpg

The Carbon/phosphate reactor was good, nice and easy to use, clean and operate. Could not fault it.
The Nitrate reactor was hard to get set-up (but aren’t they all) and when up and running was good at its job. Only one flaw is that you cannot refill it.

BigC> Yes it’s me; the sump on my new tank will be nothing like the old one, though I do have some of the equipment. Things are going good at the moment, looking forward to Christmas. And starting work on my extension.

N1z> Nice! I’ll be checking you thread out again soon.

Ski> What can I say buddy, I missed you, just could not stay away! LOL. And yes watch this space.

Kool Thaks Matthew :D Will be watching ....

Well be good to see things happening again. And im sure we can trade a few frags here and there next year!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back