Greetings!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TWynnB

Reaction score
Greetings! I am new to the aquarium hobby, except the classic history of watching mom have one when I was younger.
I am an obsessive researcher and am still in the process of planning and purchasing. My big priority is easy and I've found lots of great tips to help with that. I think the no. 1 recommendations is the python siphon!
I was planning on the Fluval Flex 32.5 g...then am seeing people switch out both the lights and the filter. I still need to find WHY they do this, and if it's still a good match for me. The other tank I was considering was the C-Vue 40 gallon, which is beautiful and a tad bigger which I like...but then people will switch out the (hidden) filter socks.
Once I confirm which fits our home best, time to get the ball rolling! I'll try my best to use the LFS here, but they're pretty small and limited. Gratefully they have most of the easy hardy fish that I'd consider!
I look forward to learning a lot from you!

Ohhhh....and this started because my 16 yo daughter wants a small aquarium (5 gallon) on her desktop. I was going to wait and see how hers went, but I am impatient and want a good sized one! I'm beating her to the purchase, apparently...

Welcome to the forum! I am glad you are doing your research before buying. As far as limited stocking at a LFS, you can always ask if they will special order specific fish for you.

Welcome to the forum! I am glad you are doing your research before buying. As far as limited stocking at a LFS, you can always ask if they will special order specific fish for you.
thanks! I haven't been there much, but I wonder if they get varying stock due to local breeders and constantly changing. It will be fun to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back