Greetings

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ITViking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello. I'm not new to fish keeping, but I have been away from it for many years. Watching fish is the very best stress remedy I've ever experienced, and when the stress of 2020 was getting to be too much, I decided it was time to get back into the hobby. Looking forward to learning & experiencing much more.

:hi: . New members coming every day. Great to see. It's a great escape from it all ..:) Have you a tank or anything set up yet ?

:hi: . New members coming every day. Great to see. It's a great escape from it all ..:) Have you a tank or anything set up yet ?

Hi! I recently picked up a Fluval Mega Flex 32g and I'm in my 4th week of cycling. Nitrogen cycle is pretty much complete with the tiniest bit of nitrites still showing when last tested but a healthy amount of nitrates (20). I used biological enhancers in the cycling, and it seems to have helped. The tank currently has 4 small harlequin rasboras, 4 panda corys, 2 otos, and 2 rams. I'm adding a small L128 Blue phantom Pleco shortly. I'm doing 10% water changes 4 times per week to keep the water quality fairly consistent for the more sensitive fish. So far that seems to be working well. The PH is remaining around 7 (it's 6.5 from our tap), and nitrates between 10-20. I've started with artificial plants and basic black gravel substrate, but the plan is to add patches of growing substrate and replace the artificial plants with live plants as the tank matures a bit.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Hi! I recently picked up a Fluval Mega Flex 32g and I'm in my 4th week of cycling. Nitrogen cycle is pretty much complete with the tiniest bit of nitrites still showing when last tested but a healthy amount of nitrates (20). I used biological enhancers in the cycling, and it seems to have helped. The tank currently has 4 small harlequin rasboras, 4 panda corys, 2 otos, and 2 rams. I'm adding a small L128 Blue phantom Pleco shortly. I'm doing 10% water changes 4 times per week to keep the water quality fairly consistent for the more sensitive fish. So far that seems to be working well. The PH is remaining around 7 (it's 6.5 from our tap), and nitrates between 10-20. I've started with artificial plants and basic black gravel substrate, but the plan is to add patches of growing substrate and replace the artificial plants with live plants as the tank matures a bit.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Sounds good to me . I'll leave the advice to the experts on here ,theres loads .I only know the basics ,only got my first aquarium in march when the lockdown hit . But addicted ever since . I have a 28 gallon planted tank .sand substrate which my cories love . Also 2 adults guppies and about 100 fry which I have to sort out and sell when there grow up a bit more .hoping to get cories to hatch but my male mustn't be doing the job . 3 batches of eggs unfertilised. Maybe next time .. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back