Greetings from Hastings, UK.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Nick Emmons

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've just joined the forum. Been keeping fish since I was around 3 years old (I'm 50 now - how did that happen?). My first job when I left school in 1989 was in a huge aquarium shop. Pay was rubbish but I loved it.

Hoping to get my rubbish aquascape attempts on-track and maybe even manage to add a bit of aesthetic value with the help of some guidance from you lovely people. Also happy to contribute as I've learned quite a bit over the years, even if I struggle with plants...

I seem to have developed a bit of an old gear fetish over the years though, probably because of all the kit that was around when I was a kid. I only have a couple of planted tanks on the go at the moment, neither of which are exactly perfect examples of the art. Filters get rotated (played with) from my collection of old Eheims. When filter clean time comes I tend to transfer the washed media to another filter then I can service the pump on the filter I've removed when I have more time - clean out the dust and oil the bearings. Yes they're old - some are even as old as me. But still going strong...

I also have an insane dog. A Dalmatian. She grins and just acts completely kooky pretty much all the time when she's not being grumpy or scrounging. Not at all like her owner then...

Poppy 6.jpg

Poppy 4.png

Poppy 1.jpg

Eheim 2.jpg

Eheim 8.jpg

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Nice collection of supplies...

Welcome to TFF...love that pup!

Welcome.
Old Town, New Town, St Leonard’s or In Land? We used to live in the old town. My god The Crown has changed. Area manager tried to sell it to me about 12 yrs ago in the pre-hipster times.

Welcome
That dog of yours would make a great entry in out Pet of the Month contest. If you enter, be sure to read rules in the entry thread. Only one entry spot left so enter soon. Less than one day to enter the contest.
Entry thread us here

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back