Greetings From Adamthesim

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

adamthesim

Reaction score
Hello fellow aquarists!

My name is Adam and I currently keep two fresh water aquariums. I keep a 20 gallon tall for small fish and a 75 gallon live planted tank.

I absolutely love Angel Fish, Gourami, Catfish, Rainbows and Discus. I currently keep (in my show tank) 4 Angels, 1 Discus, 2 Gourami, 1 Catfish, 3 Rainbows and 1 Pictus Catfish.  There is also a small assortment of Tetras for size and colour contrast. 

I acquired my Discus just 3 days ago. He/she is my first Discus and is very shy, but he/she is slowly coming out more and more to say hello. (Don't worry he/she has lots of places to hide and feel secure.)

I also had my first spawning in my 75 gallon last week. While the eggs did not survive, I now know the sex of my angels. The single female I got when she was little larger than a nickel! So proud!

A fifth angel is being raised in my 20 gallon tank and will join his big brothers and sisters in due time.

Cheers,
Adam

welcomeani.gif
to TFF! Hope you enjoy it here.

What sort of Rainbows do you have? I have Crimson Spotted (duboulayi).

Hi Gruntle,

I have 1 Boesemani Rainbow and one New Guinea Rainbow. I was told I was getting two "Boesmani"  the females are just less colourful but based on some research I think they are mistaken. My "female" is in fact a Turquoise Rainbow. In any case, I have 3 rainbow fish total.

winner.gif
 Interesting side note: I think my New Guinea would be an Olympic swimmer if he were human. Faces and swims against the out flow nozzle of my filter. I tell you, that little guy has some serious stamina!

I always get a small laugh when I do a water change, I siphon the new treated water from a bucket into the tank, my fish line up to fight the current!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back