scrappy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Common name - Green Terror

Scientific name - Aequidens rivulatus

Family - Cichlidae

Origin - South America ;Ecuador, Peru

Max size - 8" approx

Care - The Green Terror is a robust & lively cichlid, avoid live plants as these are often uprooted due to the fish having a habit of digging. The Green Terror also has a very aggressive nature and although when juvenile they seem very peaceful and sometimes even scared of other fish, this soon turns around once the Terror discovers his/her presence can be intimidating to other fish.

Feeding - Green Terrors are not too picky about their food readily accepting most flake, frozen & pellet formulas, however they do relish the addition of live foods.

Sexing - Difficult to sex when young and can be often mistaken for Blue Acaras, as they mature the Male produces bright colouration especially on the tail fin with blue/purple flecks surrounded by yellow/orange tips and has a mettalic green body colour. The male will grow much larger than the female and form a sort of hump on the front of his head. The female is far more understated in colouration.

Breeding - Open spawners and not really fussy regarding water parameters. Spawnings can vary 100-400 eggs. As like most cichlids they are relativley good parents with the female taking the major role of caring for the young.

Terrors.jpg

just thought id contribute some pictures of my male green terror,
hes very aggressive, but reall colourful :)
1.png

2.png

3.png

just thought id contribute some pictures of my male green terror,
hes very aggressive, but reall colourful :)
1.png

2.png

3.png

he looks HUGE, ive had mine for a couple of years but due to cash flow problems he was in a small tank and hence i think i have stunted his growth, i am also prosuming it is a he, maybe some1 could enlighten?

pics in sig!

This is my green terror when i first got him, he was soo rittle tiny back then

DSCN0550.jpg

This group is currently under re-description with the genus no longer being aequidens, but changed to andinoacara. Fish currently described are rivulatus (I think) and stalsbergi. With a third fish proposed as aequinoctalis.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back