Green Spot Algea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Starr100

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions regarding green algae that keeps growing on the walls of my planted tank. They are small flat green algal spots approximately 1mm in size. Now I keep removing them by hand but a few weeks later they come back. Also because of some of my more bushy plants I can’t get at some corners to remove them all. As a result I now have a side of my tank which is almost completely algae.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Now I have tried many things:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]- have reduced the amount of lighting to 8 hours a day[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]- I am very carefully not to overdose the CO2 and Fertilizer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]- Oto cats I can’t use cause my LFS no longer caries them due to issues with their breeder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]-Nitrile snails I don’t use cause my tanks acidic (pH ~6.5) so they only last a few weeks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions besides manually scraping off the algae.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]My Tank:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]20G live planted[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]pH 6.5[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Lighting: T4 system[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Fish assorted varieties (note my tank is pretty full, any fish recommendations must not put too much strain on bio load) [/SIZE]

try a pitbul pleco will slightly overstock your tnak but i cant see any other way it is a 5cm pleco that will eat young green spot so once youve introsuced scrape it about 3 days afterwards and it should keep it down

Unfortunatly, i Already have a dwarf clown pleco thats 2 inches, two plecos in that small an aquarium probably wont go over well

But ill keep that species of pleco in mind, ive never heard of that one before

so what your saying SO19 is to increase my CO2 and fertilizer?
ok ill try that

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back