Green Algae Bloom In Just Few Hours.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MORGANpl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This morning my tank was looking ok. With just little green algae as usual. Come back home after about 4h and the tank is green :no: :no:
Green algae on glass,rocks,plants,background everywhere!!!
My tank is Fluval Vincenza 260 LTD. Im running it with Fluval 305,205 filters and have TMC UV.
Any Ideas?? Check nitrate and its ok.

This morning my tank was looking ok. With just little green algae as usual. Come back home after about 4h and the tank is green :no: :no:
Green algae on glass,rocks,plants,background everywhere!!!
My tank is Fluval Vincenza 260 LTD. Im running it with Fluval 305,205 filters and have TMC UV.
Any Ideas?? Check nitrate and its ok.
i would say if you have fake plants and decor take them out and scrub them good also scrubbing the glass.. if you have live plants remove the most affected leaves.. and vacuum the gravel when doing the water change..
if your tank is getting sunlight from a near window then that could be one of the causes.. i have my one fish tank near a window and that's what happened... i scrubbed everything and did i what i told you and the bloom problem was solved.. i also added algae eaters (Otocinclus) i don't have Plecostomus because i have live plants because they up root them.. :S
hope that helps

Sounds to me like green dust algae, the fact that it has come up so fast and covered everything! This is common in newer setups and also in low tech setups with no added co2 or ferts.

You can try to scrape it all off and clean up best you can and see if you can get rid of it. Also dosing co2 normally will help in most algae cases. However this algae is quite persistent when it gets going, and you may need to let it run a full 3 week cycle before scrubbing everything and doing a huge water change to try and eliminate it totally.

Have a look at this link to confirm which kind of algae it is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back