Great White Shark Spotted Of Uk Coast

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So anyway, even if this particular shark wasn't a great white, i still believe to a certain extent that they probably do visit our waters from time to time, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Agreed.

I heard on the radio earlier that there are quite a few 'independent' camera crews chartering boats over the next couple of days, so hopefully we'll be shown some better footage soon (fingers crossed)

I find it hard to believe that Nurse Sharks are amongst the most deadly, as I've been snorkeling many times and have them swim past.

Agreed.

I heard on the radio earlier that there are quite a few 'independent' camera crews chartering boats over the next couple of days, so hopefully we'll be shown some better footage soon (fingers crossed)
No, what we'll get is a bunch of XXXXwits on boats hassling sharks.

Maybe a few more morons from the scum with pics of people with spear guns getting more pondlife readers worked up into a frenzy until they all go and kill the "maneating" sharks :angry:

If they find a shark, there will likely be photo's within a week of some knucklehead standing beside the sharks dead body.

Arfie

Or maybe they were right in the first place.... (second confirmed sighting)

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s8i22572
Did you not see this at the end of the article: "The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious." Also the website: www.thespoof.com

I did, yes - it was a sort of tongue in cheek reply from myself. Was just highlighting all the fuss over one shark that hasn't caused anyone (and probably never will) any harm whatsoever

Sorry. Sometimes humor and sarcasm get lost in the typed word. There's no doubt in my mind that it was a shark jumping and rolling over in the videos. The question is what type.

They claim in the Times today that after examination by various experts most are of the mind it is a basking shark.
Based on the dorsal shape and size, but i can't find the diagram anywhere on The Times online website.

On the diving forum that I use, there are a couple of marine biologists who are adamant it is a basking shark as they do migrate to the south of england and up the irish sea around this time of year.

Arfie

On the diving forum that I use, there are a couple of marine biologists who are adamant it is a basking shark as they do migrate to the south of england and up the irish sea around this time of year.

Arfie

Yeh, I've now read quite a few articles from respectable sources who believe it's a basking shark.
However, there is a well-known Aussie shark researcher (can't remember his name) who wrote an article in one of the Australian daily papers, who's convinced it's a 12' female Great White.
Will try and find the article again and share the link - I remember reading that this guy was one of the leading researchers on the Shark Week TV series earlier this year

well i have swam with a basking shark in bournemouth bay both a scary and thrilling exsperience :good:

there have been many sighting of greatwhites in uk waters and even up in bays round scotland....also the maco<spelling>shark great whites evil cousin...

We dont know enough about the great white to justify if there are some along the u.k. Scientist say that they dissapear for months then suddenly re-appear. The have trackers and they still dont know what happens to them.

We get a lot of Basking Sharks of the Irish Coast
I doubt very much if it was a White and A Bull Shark .....well they attack more humans than Whites.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back