Gravel & Heater

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone

is it ok if the bottom of the heater touches the gravel?
My suction cup has broken so the tip of the heater is touching the gravel in my tank.

Any advice?
 
You can pick up replacement suction cups with a rachet strap fitting for heaters. Should be less than £2 a pair from the LFS.


In the short term, you should be OK, but I wouldn't prolong more than necessary as the gravel will create a cold spot on the casing which, in the worst case, could cause the glass tube to crack.
 
Is it just a glass tube heater? One of mine has a plastic knob on the end for just such a situation. it does let it sit on the substrate safely if need be, but I'd definitely go out and get a new suction cup. They're cheap, and even if the heater is entirely safe, when it's not fastened, I'd worry about accidentally jostling it against a piece of decor and breaking it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top