gouramis

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Briarmoor

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I need to decide whether to get a male and female pearl or just 2 female pearls to add to the 55g. Eventually, I will add a female Opaline and the female Gold that is in the 20g.

I know people like the males because they are more colorful, but is there any reason that I couldn't keep all females to avoid bubble nests and the male Pearl chasing the girls? Would one male Pearl just bother the one female Pearl to the point of distraction or would he be attracted to the other 3-spot types? I know the Opaline and Gold are the same variety but the Pearls are not.

Also would there be any benefit to keeping all female gouramis or would they tend to fight more amongst themselves without a male gourami in the tank? Anyone know? :dunno:

Give me some ideas before I visit the LFS today!

Pam in TN

I ended up adding 2 female juvenile Pearls. No matter, one is already chasing the other one sometimes. The chased one doesn't seem to worry about it much and sometimes has a stand off facing the chaser. It's not all the time, and sometimes the two swim together. Go figure. :dunno:

I seem to land all the territorial fish for some reason. It should get real interesting when I add the Gold to the mix. I may give the Pearls time to grow before I put in Sal whose motto is "it's all mine", the food is mine, the log is mine, that gravel you are picking at is mine, MINE MINE MINE! :S

P.

Most reactions

Back