Gouramis and Angelfish

Ahmad

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Ok I have a 55g tank that is still in the proccess of putting in more fish.....Right now I have 6 angelfish (1 inch long) and 2 blue gouramis (1 -2 inches long). I have been reading around here that they are not suppost to go together! :eek: I was suprised to read this since the two kinds of fish seem to enjoy eachothers company and just dont mind eachother....But I am still worried will they attack each other soon? They have beem together for about 4 days and no signs of fights or anything but still worried about the future :unsure: what do you think will they be ok with eachother?

Since I do have gouramis and angels together in one tank (55g) what other fish options do I have? I want to do a community tank and I dont know that I can with gouramis and angels in the same tank I dont want them to kill the other fish I put in....What do you think? :blink:

And how many more fish can I get if there max size would 3-4 inches? I dont want to be overstocked with fish.

Thanx, you guys are LIFE SAVERS (fish life savers anyway and my piece of mind savers) :S

Well, with all those angelfish I wouldn't get anymore fish! When I was thinking about angelfish a couple months ago, everyone was saying you need 10 gallons of water for each individual angelfish!

Sorry about that I have 5 angelfish.....I have seen alot of 55g tanks with 5-6 angelfish that are fullgrown and other fish and still have lots of room to swim(much smaller fish that grow 2-3 inches) I am sure I can get more fish right at least the small ones right? That dont grow big.

Or am I wrong?

Thanx sneakbetta!

One more question (I now I ask too much But I just want the best for the fish) I hope you know what I mean. :)

Do angels and gouramis go good with swordtails,mollies, platies and guppies? thats what I really want to get for the 55g.

Thanx, And I hope I am not a bother to you guys and if I am just tell me so I can calm down with the questions!!

Iv kept angels and goroumies together before and never had a problem.I think it depends on the breed, I had sunsets and they all got along fairly well. That is until the angels started breeding.

I also had phantom tetras and presttellas. I would say though that your tank sounds pretty close to full, but they are small grouping fish, and ir your intent of adding is unchangable, they would work well.

Thanx Guys!

Well I found a freind that really wanted to have some angels for his tank so I gave him 2 so.....now I have 3 angelfish to lower the stock of the tank.

So I intend to get 2 more gouramis and some other small to meduim size schooling fish. Then I am done! :thumbs:

I keep angelfish and gouramis together! 3 full grown angles and 1 full grown opaline gourami (blue gourami morph) and a half grown moonlight gourami. They get along just fine. Actually when I only had the gouramis together the opaline would harass the moonlight and now that I have angles in there, they seem to have calmed the gourami down.
In my opinion, you can't but swordtails or similar fish in with angles because they will get nipped (angles and gouramis are agressive fish) go with a fish of similar size to the angels and gouramis. (Maybe another gourami specie?)

I've got a 23 g tank with four angels (ones a bit small and not growing as fast as other :unsure: ) and I've got four swordtails in with them. Never seen any fin nipping, the swordtails seem to get out of the way first :)

75 gall tank:

6 angels
2 blue gouramis
2 gold gouramis
1 rainbow shark
3 bristlenose
4 cherry barbs
3 clown loaches

and all are doing fine

Thanx cossack.....There all fine and dandy?
Thanx That makes me feel ALOT better.

May I ask what fish you introduced first to the last fish you introduced to the tank? Just wondering for a wierd reason :S

Thanx agian! :D

one thing you will find out about keeping fish is that there is alot of urban myth flying around or i heard a friend of a friend of a friend tell some guy.

do some research and try.

i kept a betta in a cumunity tank when alot of people siad it could not be done.
it was in there with 4 dwarf gouramis, 4 honey gouramis and a mix of other fish
and guess what they all got along fine.

Most reactions

Back