Gourami Site List.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

...I just purchased a tattoed gourami (that's what they told me it was). Does anyone have any information on them or a picture. I took one here at home of it. I will post it later.

Hi jlunde96 :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Tattooing is the current "in" term for the cruel practice of injecting dyes into a fish for decorative purposes. :eek: It is sometimes done to gouramis. Here's a link that shows a picture of one. Just scroll down to the "Polka Dot Gourami" to see an example of it. :sad:

http://www.deathbydyeing.org/colormedead.htm

betta abd gourami fan here....used to have a male betta but unfortunetly he died of old age.....just started with gouramis and i love them....just last week i successfully breeded an opaline and a gold gourami....more then 200 frys....hopefully when i got more room and money i will start to bred bettas...but for now...gouramis rock!! :)

I just realized I got ripped off at wal-mart. That's what happens when a guy who works at electronics gets your fish.I was supposed to get a dwarf gourami, which is 6.00, but he gave me a danded gourami, which is worth 4.00. I don't really care about the money, I just think they should get people to work at the fish section who can tell what fish they are, and get the right ones. :no:

hello...
yes i agree gourami`s are lovely fish , i just got 4 ther other day but im abit unsure what type they are and how big they get, my girlfriend bought them and didnt assk wot they were ya see. 2 of them are orange with a lovely blue tail which really stands out (LFS said they are honey gourami`s but theyre not the same as the pic that was displayed earlier) so id like 2 know what they are and how big they get, also she bought 2 bright yellow beautiful gourami`s which are alot larger than the orange ones. id like 2 know what theyre called and how big they get as i think theyre guna be big ones.
id really appreciate it if u cud help me, thanks
LEO
:rolleyes:

MY AQUARIUM
3 clown loaches, 3 cory`s, 1 common plec (if theres another name for the common plec cud u let m kno plz) , 8 neons, 2 blue rams, 2 honey gourami`s, 2 ytellow gourami`s ? , red tailed shark and 3 candy loaches ( botia something?? ) (plz cud u help me identify the candy loach aswell as im not 2 sure wot the proper name is. thanks
:good:

hello...
yes i agree gourami`s are lovely fish , i just got 4 ther other day but im abit unsure what type they are and how big they get, my girlfriend bought them and didnt assk wot they were ya see. 2 of them are orange with a lovely blue tail which really stands out (LFS said they are honey gourami`s but theyre not the same as the pic that was displayed earlier) so id like 2 know what they are and how big they get, also she bought 2 bright yellow beautiful gourami`s which are alot larger than the orange ones. id like 2 know what theyre called and how big they get as i think theyre guna be big ones.
id really appreciate it if u cud help me, thanks
LEO
:rolleyes:

MY AQUARIUM
3 clown loaches, 3 cory`s, 1 common plec (if theres another name for the common plec cud u let m kno plz) , 8 neons, 2 blue rams, 2 honey gourami`s, 2 ytellow gourami`s ? , red tailed shark and 3 candy loaches ( botia something?? ) (plz cud u help me identify the candy loach aswell as im not 2 sure wot the proper name is. thanks
:good:

gouramis are awsome. im setting up a 250L gourami tank in the next week or so :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back