Gourami Addition

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hels

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I'm thinking about adding a pair/trio of gourami to my community tank (96l).... i do already have honey gouramis....but i'd like something a little bigger if poss?....didnt really want to go for dwarf gourami... at the moment i'm thinking that moonlight gouramis would be nice, should i buy a pair or trio of 1 m, 2 f?? or would someone suggest anything else???

Many Thanks x

Really can't say without knowing what else is in the tank. Theoretically moonlights are one of the less aggressive gouramies but it still depends on the other tank dwellers. A 96 litre tank is approx 25gallons? :X My brain isn't in gear. If you have other mid/top swimming fish no more will work and you'll have a problem with fish fighting over one area of the tank. If all the other fish are bottom dwellers then it's a different matter.
All the same you don't want gouramies that grow too big in that size tank when you have 3 already.
Oh I'm not making sense. Sorry, think I'm too tired. I'll try again tomorrow. :look:
Hugs,
P.

That's about 25 gallons so not big enough for moonlights (which can get to 7"). realy, you don't have much room in that tank for more top-dwelling gouramies. Depending on what else is in there, however, a trio of croaking or sparkling gouramies would work or adding a few more honeys would also be ok. If you realy want some more gouramies, a trio of thick-lipped (olisa labiosa) or banded (colisa fasciata) or dwarf (colisa lalia - the smallest but also the most likely to succumb to disease) gouramies would be just about ok as long as the tank is not heavily stocked and provided there are plenty of tall-growing or floating plants and other decor for hiding places. Your honeys would be better off with croakers/sparklers or more honeys though - they won't like it if you introduce larger gouramies.

That's fine lol - you mentioned you were tired before so I figured I may as well reply and clear up everything you'd said until you do get back :)

thanks for the help!

I had always thought that all the larger gouramis would be too big but i read an article the other day which suggested i would be okay ...nevermind ... I have no other top dwellers but do have a mix of tetras in the middle range so i guess a bigger gourami will have to wait :( ! - lol - better to do the right thing!

I have thought about sparklers but have never seen any in this area! i guess i'll keep seaching

xx

Most reactions

Back