Got to Have a Fishtank Room

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hello Ram. Actually, it's a lot of Anubias and Anacharis. With all those plants, you have to keep fairly small fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Wow your plants have really taken off! You should try and trim some of them up a bit.
Fish. I do trim the the Anacharis. But, the more you trim, the faster the plant grows.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

You keep an assortment of soft and hard water fish.

Is the same source water used for water changes in all of the tanks?

You keep an assortment of soft and hard water fish.

Is the same source water used for water changes in all of the tanks?
Hello. Yes. My Platys, Tetras, Guppys and Goldfish like water with a few more minerals in it. But, Colorado water seems to be just right for any fish I've ever kept. Our water in northern Colorado is described as soft to moderately hard. Ours is a bit harder, especially during the Winter months because the lake water freezes and apparently, the ice absorbs more minerals. We're very close to the some of the mountain ranges here, so all the snow melt likely increases the hardness a bit more. We like the water because it's a little higher in calcium and magnesium. Calcium is good for our older bones and the magnesium helps us sleep better. And, yes, all the tanks get most of the water changed weekly or sometimes a bit more often and the same tap water. Probably more information than you really wanted.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. Yes. My Platys, Tetras, Guppys and Goldfish like water with a few more minerals in it. But, Colorado water seems to be just right for any fish I've ever kept. Our water in northern Colorado is described as soft to moderately hard. Ours is a bit harder, especially during the Winter months because the lake water freezes and apparently, the ice absorbs more minerals. We're very close to the some of the mountain ranges here, so all the snow melt likely increases the hardness a bit more. We like the water because it's a little higher in calcium and magnesium. Calcium is good for our older bones and the magnesium helps us sleep better. And, yes, all the tanks get most of the water changed weekly or sometimes a bit more often and the same tap water. Probably more information than you really wanted.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
I see...thanks for the info...it's a rarity to be able to keep both hard & soft water fish using the same source water, with no additional additives or RO/DI system...you're fortunate

Hello again. I do keep Zebra Danios and never noticed that they prefer softer water. I generally keep the same fish as the local fish stores. My thought is we're all likely using the same water source.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

Back