Cantbesaved
Fish Fanatic
- Joined
- Aug 19, 2008
- Messages
- 146
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Well, I could not wait, and got some more fish! lol my tank recently cycled! Last tuesday is when I got my first nitrate readings, and no ammonia or nitrite (so 9 days ago). I wanted to be sure, so I waited another week before doing another set of tests to be 100% sure on it. I did those tests yesterday, and My nitrates were higher, and still no ammonia or nitrites. I did another set of tests today just in case there was some error, and again it showed no ammonia, nitrites, and 5ppm for nitrates. I am pretty convinced my tank is cycled!! I thank everyone who gave me information on how and when to add new fish, in the new to the hobby forum!! You guys are the best!!
So I did get some guppies today, seeing as everyone was saying wait a week and keep an eye on readings (and it has been).
Starting off slow, I just got 4 Blue Guppies . The LFS guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, and said I CAN add 3 per ten gallons at a time, but to be safe since it is the first addition of new fish, and my tank recently finished cycling, do just 2 per gallon this time. I understand now, to keep a close eye on the levels of chemicals within the tank, since I did a fish-in cycle, and once again, thank you for the excellent information on that, everyone!!
Here are some pics!
2 of the guppies
Neons and guppies get aquainted - Mind the blurriness, with flash off, the cam does not like to capture moving things:
And the tank as a whole, with the blinds closed and the light on (Blown up pic of my sig!):
I am super excited, that my tank is cycling well, I feel I have learned a lot already, and this is only the beginning of the fish life, and I could not have done it without you guys!
If my tank keeps up, and all is well still in a week, I think I will get 2 more otto cats! I love them! haha
So I did get some guppies today, seeing as everyone was saying wait a week and keep an eye on readings (and it has been).
Starting off slow, I just got 4 Blue Guppies . The LFS guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, and said I CAN add 3 per ten gallons at a time, but to be safe since it is the first addition of new fish, and my tank recently finished cycling, do just 2 per gallon this time. I understand now, to keep a close eye on the levels of chemicals within the tank, since I did a fish-in cycle, and once again, thank you for the excellent information on that, everyone!!
Here are some pics!
2 of the guppies
Neons and guppies get aquainted - Mind the blurriness, with flash off, the cam does not like to capture moving things:
And the tank as a whole, with the blinds closed and the light on (Blown up pic of my sig!):
I am super excited, that my tank is cycling well, I feel I have learned a lot already, and this is only the beginning of the fish life, and I could not have done it without you guys!
If my tank keeps up, and all is well still in a week, I think I will get 2 more otto cats! I love them! haha
. glad you took the advice now?







