Got New Aro

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

willtang3000

Fish Herder
Reaction score
as you may no my aro died and my parents could obviously see I wasnt doing much except from staring at the empty tank so my dad took me to the lfs for some strange reason as he never takes me unless it was a day off and he said I could get a new arowana but a silver because asians are too much at the momment and when we got in I saw a very battered up up silver aro with a deepish scratch that looked really bad and damaged fins so I asked my dad if I could have him and he was like ermmm okay if you say so son :lol: and now he's in a tank with some special medicine so the scratch doesnt cause infection or anything and will keep you updated as got new digi cam :D

It's great how much did you pay for him and where are you located?

nice silver aro :D

i hope you are getting the 8ft long x 3ft wide tank set up now that you are going to need for the silver aro as they can easly grow to 3ft +

the aro will be growing at around 1-2inch per month so it should be ok in the tank you have now for another 6 months max :D

was the banjar 1.5 red kept in the same tank you have the silver in ?

how big was your banjar red? if it was starting to get large it probably jumped out because the tank is to small.

:crazy: thats where you went wrong, when i really have to clean up i use a broom on the carpet in the fish room.

aros are like puppys you need to get them used to different stuff when they are young a good strong adult aro will not be scared of anything

do you think that it would be possible to create a Palovian association for an arowana? say, feed it something extra special and super yummy immediately before and after turning on a hoover? if you could train it to associate the noise of hoovering with a treat, then that'd make your life a lot easier.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back