Got My Apistos! :d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

justjon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Finally got my apisto's what a rollercoaster though!

My neighbour who kindly offered to take them for me to ensure they got delivered, waited in all morning, after nothing, he quickly popped to the coop, and sure enough returned to a postal slip in his box! (he was gone 5 mins!)...

I then had problems with the post office, who said i couldn't get a re-delivery till friday, or collect them till tomorrow, after a very rude lady, I rang back and spoke to a very helpful one who managed to organise a favour and get them to the main post office for me for 5.30 today, and here they are...

It's the first time i've ever ordered fish by mail so I was VERY nervous about it all, especially as it had to come across the channel, opened up and they are TINY!!! But alive and seem ok :) Just popped them in now!

Picture of them in the bag, not very clear due to all steamed up but you get the idea!
apisto.jpg

SEE BELOW FOR MORE PICCIES

aw so glad they got to you safely!!!

can't wait to see pictures of them settled into their new home!

congrats and glad they are safe.

When I order fish, I ask the seller to put an obvious sign on the package. My ordered fish arrive to me as the first post drop now :good:

No signs were on mine, just a label with "Aquatic items" Lol

Just released them both, they are both sitting at the bottom of the tank :)

When I ordered from Kresgrave there was a sticker on the box saying that there were fish inside.

The Post Office wind me up.

Lovely fish btw!

Came home, first thing I did (after saying hi to my parrot!) was check the tank, and WOW.. was I in for a suprise, I have to say.. these fish are amazing and have made an impression on me already... I looked around for them, the bigger of the two was out and about quite happily, but just the way he moves is amazing.. was looking around and then suddenly popped over the wood and looked at me, then came over!

The little one i was worrying about, then I found her hiding away in the new bamboo I got yesterday! (PICS BELOW)

I managed to grab a good shot on my phone of the male :)

Facing away;

apistomale.jpg

Saying hi! :p
apistomale2.jpg

Found her!
apistofemalehiding.jpg

Talk about fish with amazing little personalities!

So cute, the second shot makes it look like a lil' pufferfish.
What species of Appistos are these, Im tempted :lol:

Beautiful matey. Where did you order them from and what kind of aspisto are they?

Cheers

Thanks guys :)

These are Apistogramma agassizi 'fire red' Young pair. Were 15 pound for the two as a pair, love em :p if you'd like the contact where I got them from chuck me a pm and I'll give their email.

I know this isn't what we're supposed to focus on but.....don't they have lovely little faces! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back